Founded in 1989, Van Der Koos Construction is an award-winning builder of energy-efficient homes in Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess and Orange Counties in New York and Fairfield County in Connecticut. The residence on the right was just named Westchester Magazine's Best New Home of 2012.
Until recently, the company mantra had been the construction of homes with the finest possible materials, design and workmanship. Regrettably, energy efficiency had not always been paramount.But a convergence of factors made the company change its focus:
- The steep escalation of fuel prices in 2006, now somewhat moderated by a deep global recession.
- A huge transfer of our national wealth in the form of oil payments to nations hostile to our values.
- The very real possibility that global warming will threaten our future.
- Environmental disasters such as the Deepwater Horizon oil rig.
- The pollution of our air and water with heavy metals (cadmium, arsenic, lead and mercury) by burning coal.
- Anxiety as we watch China eclipse our research and development in wind turbines, geothermal heat pump technology, solar panel production and battery technology.
For all of these reasons, Van Der Koos Construction has decided in its small way to be part of the solution and not part of the problem. Contact us today!